Skip to content
ANU News
ANU News
  • Home
  • Home
ANU News
ANU News
  • Home
  • Home
International

Gunfire near White House Correspondents’ Dinner triggers panic; suspect held

By ANU News
April 26, 2026 1 Min Read
0

Washington: A security scare unfolded during the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday night after gunshots were reported near the venue, prompting a swift evacuation of attendees, including former US President Donald Trump.

According to officials, the United States Secret Service and other security personnel responded immediately as the incident occurred. Guests briefly panicked, with some taking cover under tables before being safely evacuated.

Trump later said on social media that the situation was under control and that the suspect had been apprehended, praising the response of security agencies.

Eyewitnesses reported hearing five to eight gunshots as hundreds of journalists, political leaders and guests were present at the event. Authorities said the suspect was intercepted at a security checkpoint before entering the main hall, preventing a potentially serious breach.

The suspect was reportedly armed with a shotgun, handgun and knives. During the confrontation, a gunfight broke out, and one Secret Service officer sustained injuries but was protected by safety gear. The suspect was later taken into custody and hospitalised.

Officials said dignitaries, including Melania Trump and J. D. Vance, were in proximity to the main stage but were unharmed.

Authorities have launched an investigation into the incident, stating that the security system functioned effectively in preventing the attacker from gaining access to the venue.

Author

ANU News

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

ಮಂಗಳೂರು ದಸರಾ ಇತಿಹಾಸದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸ ಮೈಲಿಗಲ್ಲು: ಭೂಗತ ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ ಕೇಬಲ್ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಮಂಜೂರಾತಿ, ಸ್ಪೀಕರ್’ಗೆ ಪದ್ಮರಾಜ್ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆ

Next

ಭಿನ್ನಾಭಿಪ್ರಾಯಗಳನ್ನು ಶಾಂತಿಯುತವಾಗಿ ಪರಿಹರಿಸೋಣ; ಗುಂಡಿನ ದಾಳಿಯ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಟ್ರಂಪ್ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆ

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • IOS SAGAR ಕಾರ್ಯಾಚರಣೆ ಯಶಸ್ವಿ; ಕೊಚ್ಚಿಗೆ ಮರಳಿದ ಐಎನ್‌ಎಸ್ ಸುನಯನ
  • (no title)
  • ಭಾರತ-ಇಟಲಿ ನಡುವೆ ‘ವಿಶೇಷ ಕಾರ್ಯತಂತ್ರದ ಪಾಲುದಾರಿಕೆ’ ಘೋಷಣೆ
  • ಜೂನ್ 1ರಂದು ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಪಬ್ಲಿಕ್ ಸ್ಕೂಲ್ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ
  • ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ, ನಿರುದ್ಯೋಗ ವಿಚಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮೋದಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಖರ್ಗೆ ವಾಗ್ದಾಳಿ
Copyright 2026 — ANU News. All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme