Skip to content
ANU News
ANU News
  • Home
  • Home
ANU News
ANU News
  • Home
  • Home
National

‘Metro Chicks’ case: Karnataka HC rejects plea, calls offence ‘serious’

By ANU News
April 28, 2026 1 Min Read
0

Bengaluru: The Karnataka High Court has dismissed a petition filed by an accused in the ‘Metro Chicks’ case, observing that filming and sharing obscene videos of women without consent is a serious offence.

The accused, Diganth B K, had sought quashing of criminal proceedings registered against him. However, a bench led by Justice M. Nagaprasanna rejected the plea, expressing strong disapproval of the act.

“How is it acceptable to film and upload obscene videos of women without their consent?” the court asked, adding that such actions pose a serious threat to women’s safety.

The case pertains to videos of female passengers allegedly recorded inside Namma Metro trains and shared via an Instagram account titled “Bengaluru Metro Chicks”. A case was registered by Banashankari police in 2025.

Rejecting the argument that no individual complaint had been filed, the court said serious offences cannot be dismissed on technical grounds.

Police said at least 14 videos were uploaded and the account had garnered thousands of followers. The accused was arrested in May 2025 and further investigation is ongoing.

Author

ANU News

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

‘ಮೆಟ್ರೋ ಚಿಕ್ಸ್’ ಪ್ರಕರಣ: ‘ಇದು ಗಂಭೀರ ಅಪರಾಧ’ ಎನ್ನುತ್ತಾ ಆರೋಪಿಯ ಅರ್ಜಿ ವಜಾ ಮಾಡಿದ ಹೈಕೋರ್ಟ್

Next

DC ವಿರುದ್ಧ RCB ಭರ್ಜರಿ ಗೆಲುವು: 75ಕ್ಕೆ ಆಲೌಟ್ ಡೆಲ್ಲಿ, 6.3 ಓವರ್‌ನಲ್ಲಿ ತಲುಪಿದ ಗುರಿ

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • IOS SAGAR ಕಾರ್ಯಾಚರಣೆ ಯಶಸ್ವಿ; ಕೊಚ್ಚಿಗೆ ಮರಳಿದ ಐಎನ್‌ಎಸ್ ಸುನಯನ
  • (no title)
  • ಭಾರತ-ಇಟಲಿ ನಡುವೆ ‘ವಿಶೇಷ ಕಾರ್ಯತಂತ್ರದ ಪಾಲುದಾರಿಕೆ’ ಘೋಷಣೆ
  • ಜೂನ್ 1ರಂದು ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಪಬ್ಲಿಕ್ ಸ್ಕೂಲ್ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ
  • ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ, ನಿರುದ್ಯೋಗ ವಿಚಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮೋದಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಖರ್ಗೆ ವಾಗ್ದಾಳಿ
Copyright 2026 — ANU News. All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme